Retriever Consulting brings years of cloud computing strategy and design experience to bear for our customers. This is the phase where senior leaders define the vision for cloud adoption. It is imperative that all levels of the enterprise, particularly the executive levels, buy into the vision. Strategy defines the terms of reference to ensure the cloud adoption stays focused on the target business goals. Senior management must also provide the relevant guidelines based on the organizations mission and culture.
Cloud Strategy and Design Services we offer include:
- Cloud Readiness Training. We provide all the training needed to ready the organization for cloud computing. We educate team members on what cloud computing is and what it is not. We ensure a common understanding of the definition of cloud computing and its related terminology. We explain the NIST Cloud Computing Reference Architecture and how it relates to the organization.
- Cloud Visioning. Establishing the vision for cloud adoption is the first step in cloud strategy development. We work with you to understand the different factors driving your cloud adoption and the options you have based on your organization’s mission and constraints. The outcome of this engagement is a clear cloud adoption vision statement with clearly defined business goals.
- Cloud Readiness Assessment. A comprehensive readiness assessment is an essential component of any cloud adoption strategy. We meet with you and your team to evaluate your readiness in terms of lifecycle, business, application, data, technology, and security considerations. The outcome of this assessment includes a gap analysis between the as-is and to-be states of the organization. We use the Cloud Visioning outcome as input to this process.
- Cloud Roadmap. The cloud roadmap is the path you will follow to get from you current state to your desired end state. Building on the vision and readiness assessment, we help you determine the dependencies, priority of efforts and sequencing of your journey to the cloud. The outcome of this engagement includes both a high-level mapping of tasks to time and a more detailed breakdown of activities to close the gap in critical areas.
- Cloud Business Case Development. Success in cloud adoption depends on building a business case and supporting long term enterprise strategy that delivers significant return on investment. We believe you must have a mission or business value and a clear ROI to be ultimately successful. We build upon industry best practices to help you develop a winning business case for your cloud adoption strategy. We use the Cloud Visioning, Cloud Readiness Assessment, and Cloud Roadmap as inputs to this process.
- Cloud Jumpstart. Our Cloud Jumpstart Service is designed to help an organization break free of its own inertia in cloud adoption. We meet with you to conduct a rapid readiness assessment and facilitate a guided dialogue on workload prioritization. At the end of the Cloud Jumpstart we prepare a report and conduct an out-brief that includes the workload prioritization results, a high-level cloud adoption roadmap, and actionable next steps. This is a stand-alone offering for organizations looking to resuscitate their cloud efforts.